Discover the Best Places to Visit in December in Ontario: Uncover Ontario’s Hidden Winter Gems. As winter blankets Ontario with its glistening snowflakes, the province unveils a mesmerizing array of hidden gems waiting to be discovered. With December bringing a magical ambiance to the landscape, this is the perfect time to embark on a journey through Ontario’s picturesque winter wonderland. From enchanting holiday markets and charming snow-covered towns to thrilling skiing adventures and serene ice-skating rinks, Ontario offers an irresistible blend of natural beauty and festive experiences. Join us as we unveil the best places to visit in December in Ontario, where breathtaking moments and unforgettable memories await your arrival.
- Ontario is a province in Canada with a rich history, inhabited by indigenous peoples and settled by French and British explorers in the 17th century.
- Popular nearby attractions near vacation rentals in Ontario include Terrace Bay, Nipigon River Adventures in Red Rock, and Marathon Harbour Inn in Marathon.
- Admission fees for attractions in Ontario vary and it is best to check official websites or contact them directly for accurate information.
- In December, Ontario offers a wide range of activities and destinations to explore, including the Toronto Christmas Market, Rideau Canal Skateway, Winterlude Festival in Ottawa, and the Polar Express Train.
- Other places to visit include Casa Loma, Niagara Falls, Blue Mountain ski resort, Ottawa, Kingston, and Toronto, each offering its own unique attractions and experiences.
- These recommendations are based on sources like TripAdvisor™ and TravelAlerts.
Best Places to Visit in December in Ontario: Uncover Ontario’s Hidden Winter Gems
Ontario, Canada’s picturesque province, transforms into a magical winter wonderland in December. From enchanting holiday markets to thrilling outdoor adventures, there are countless hidden gems waiting to be discovered. Whether you’re a local or a visitor, Ontario offers a multitude of captivating destinations and activities that will make your December unforgettable. So, bundle up and get ready to explore the best places to visit in Ontario during this enchanting month.
Toronto Christmas Market: Festive Magic in the Heart of the City
Kickstart your December adventures by visiting the Toronto Christmas Market. Immerse yourself in a truly magical atmosphere as you wander through the festive stalls, sip on warm mulled wine, and marvel at the sparkling lights. This beloved market is the perfect place to find unique gifts, indulge in delicious treats, and enjoy live musical performances. From the enchanting atmosphere to the beautiful decorations, this market will awaken your holiday spirit.
Rideau Canal Skateway: Embrace the Wonder of Ice Skating
For a truly iconic winter experience, lace up your skates and glide along the Rideau Canal Skateway. Spanning over 7.8 kilometers, this frozen canal is recognized as the world’s largest naturally frozen skating rink. Whether you’re a seasoned skater or a novice, you’ll be captivated by the beauty of the canal as you glide past historic landmarks and under charming bridges. Don’t forget to warm up with a cup of hot chocolate at one of the cozy cafés along the way.
Winterlude Festival: A Celebration of Winter in Ottawa
Take a trip to Ottawa and immerse yourself in the Winterlude Festival, a celebration of all things winter. Marvel at the stunning ice sculptures, participate in winter sports activities, and indulge in culinary delights. From ice carving competitions to live performances, this festival offers something for everyone. Bundle up and explore the whimsical ice slides or test your skill at snowshoeing. Winterlude is an event that embraces the beauty and joy of the winter season.
Polar Express Train: An Enchanting Journey for the Whole Family
Embark on a truly enchanting adventure aboard the Polar Express Train. Inspired by the beloved children’s book, this magical train ride offers an immersive experience for families. From the cozy compartments to the warm hot chocolate served on board, this journey will transport you to a winter wonderland filled with holiday spirit. Keep an eye out for Santa Claus as he makes a special appearance, spreading joy and cheer to all.
Casa Loma: Step into a Fairytale Castle
Visit Casa Loma, a breathtaking Gothic Revival-style mansion located in Toronto. Step into a fairytale as you explore the opulent interiors adorned with stunning holiday decorations. This castle offers guided tours that take you through its secret passages, grand halls, and beautifully landscaped gardens. With its magical ambiance and rich history, Casa Loma is the perfect place to immerse yourself in holiday splendor.
Niagara Falls: Witness the Beauty of Nature in Winter
Don’t miss the opportunity to witness the mesmerizing beauty of Niagara Falls in a winter setting. As the temperatures drop, the falls transform into an icy masterpiece. Brace yourself for the cold as you get up close to the magnificent cascades, and feel the mist gently caress your face. Whether you choose to admire the falls from the viewing platforms or take a thrilling boat ride, this natural wonder is a sight to behold during the winter months.
Blue Mountain: Winter Adventures in the Great Outdoors
For those seeking adrenaline-pumping adventures, Blue Mountain is the place to be. This popular ski resort offers a range of winter activities, including skiing, snowboarding, and snowshoeing. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or a beginner, there are slopes suited for all skill levels. Enjoy breathtaking views as you glide down the snowy mountains and revel in the exhilaration that comes with conquering the slopes.
Ottawa: A Winter Wonderland of History and Festivals
Experience the magic of winter in Canada’s capital city, Ottawa. Known for its historic architecture and vibrant cultural scene, Ottawa offers a plethora of attractions to discover. Explore the fascinating museums, such as the Canadian Museum of History and the National Gallery of Canada. Don’t forget to check out the various winter festivals, including Winterlude and Christmas Lights Across Canada, adding a touch of festive charm to the city.
Kingston: A Charming City with Rich History
Situated on the shores of Lake Ontario, Kingston is a charming city steeped in history. Explore its well-preserved historic sites, wander through the quaint downtown streets, and take in the beautiful waterfront views. Visit Fort Henry, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and learn about its role in Canadian military history. Kingston is the perfect destination for history enthusiasts, offering a mix of captivating landmarks and picturesque landscapes.
Toronto: A Vibrant Urban Hub with Winter Delights
As Canada’s largest city, Toronto has something for everyone. From its vibrant arts scene to its diverse culinary landscape, Toronto offers an array of experiences to enjoy during December. Stroll along Yonge Street, adorned with dazzling holiday lights, and explore the bustling shops and boutiques. Catch a show at one of the city’s renowned theaters or indulge your taste buds in the multicultural food scene. Toronto is a city that comes alive during the winter months, promising endless excitement and enchantment.
Ontario offers a wealth of hidden gems waiting to be explored in December. Whether you’re seeking festive holiday markets, outdoor adventures, or historic landmarks, this diverse province has it all. Venture out and embrace the wonders that Ontario has to offer during this magical season. Start planning your December getaway and discover the best places to visit in Ontario, where cherished memories are waiting to be made.
Here are some of the best places in Ontario to see fall colours:
For the “best places in Ontario to see fall colours,” check out our article here. Don’t miss out on the vibrant beauty that nature has to offer!
Wondering about the “best places in winter Ontario”? Look no further! Click here to discover the stunning winter wonderlands Ontario has to offer.
If you’re looking for the “best places to see fall in Ontario,” we’ve got you covered. Explore our top recommendations here and immerse yourself in the breathtaking autumn scenery.
Remember, each link will guide you to a unique experience. Happy exploring!
Experience the Magic of Niagara Falls in December
Niagara Falls in December offers a truly magical experience for visitors. From the stunning frozen wonder of the falls to festive events and activities, there is so much to discover during this enchanting time of year.
Weather Conditions in Niagara Falls During December
One of the main reasons to visit Niagara Falls in December is the breathtaking winter landscape that the weather conditions create. Niagara Falls experiences cold temperatures during this time, often accompanied by snow and ice. This adds to the beauty and allure of the falls, providing a truly mesmerizing sight.
Source: Niagara Falls in December – Niagara Falls Forum – Tripadvisor
Festivals and Events in Niagara Falls During December
December is a festive month in Niagara Falls, with a variety of exciting festivals and events to enjoy. One of the highlights is the Winter Festival of Lights, where visitors can marvel at stunning light displays and enjoy spectacular fireworks. Another must-see event is the Niagara Falls New Year’s Eve celebration, which offers live entertainment and a mesmerizing fireworks show.
Things to Do in Niagara Falls During December
Aside from admiring the frozen splendor of the falls, there are plenty of activities to enjoy in Niagara Falls during December. Take a scenic stroll along the Niagara Parkway and immerse yourself in the winter wonderland. Visit the enchanting Butterfly Conservatory, where you can discover a variety of beautiful butterfly species. Explore Clifton Hill, filled with attractions, shops, and restaurants offering a warm and cozy atmosphere.
Source: Things to Do in Niagara : December – visitniagaracanada.com
Planning Your Trip to Niagara Falls in December
When planning your trip to Niagara Falls in December, it is important to consider the weather conditions. Be sure to pack layered clothing, hats, gloves, and sturdy footwear to stay warm and comfortable. Check the weather forecast and road conditions before traveling to ensure a smooth and safe journey.
Where to Stay in Niagara Falls During December
Choosing the right accommodation is essential for a comfortable and convenient stay in Niagara Falls during December. The Sheraton on the Falls is a popular choice, offering stunning views of the falls and close proximity to the Niagara Parkway and winter festival events. It provides the perfect retreat after a day of exploring and experiencing the magic of Niagara Falls.
Best Restaurants to Try in Niagara Falls During December
Niagara Falls boasts a range of dining options to satisfy your cravings during December. The Keg Steakhouse + Bar is a popular choice, offering a warm and inviting atmosphere along with a delectable menu featuring steaks, seafood, and cocktails. It’s the perfect spot to warm up and indulge in some comfort food during the winter months.
Source: Niagara Falls in December – Niagara Falls Forum – Tripadvisor
Visiting Niagara Falls in December guarantees a magical and unforgettable experience. From the frozen wonder of the falls to the festive atmosphere and exciting events, there is something for everyone to enjoy during this enchanting time of year.
- Niagara Falls in December offers a stunning winter landscape with snow and ice, providing a magical experience.
- Festivals and events like the Winter Festival of Lights and New Year’s Eve celebration add to the festive atmosphere of Niagara Falls in December.
- Visitors can enjoy activities such as scenic strolls along the Niagara Parkway, visiting the Butterfly Conservatory, and exploring Clifton Hill.
- When planning a trip to Niagara Falls in December, it is important to pack warm clothing and check the weather and road conditions.
- The Sheraton on the Falls is a great accommodation choice, offering stunning views and proximity to winter festival events.
- Dining options like the Keg Steakhouse + Bar provide a cozy atmosphere and delicious comfort food during the winter months.
Discover the Historic Charm of Ottawa During the Festive Season
In the heart of Ontario, Ottawa shines with historic charm during the festive season. From captivating architecture to vibrant events, this Canadian capital offers a winter wonderland that will enchant both locals and visitors alike.
Immerse Yourself in Ottawa’s Festive Towns and Attractions
1. Wakefield: Step into a winter fairy tale in Wakefield, a charming town that boasts delightful shops, culinary delights, and a bustling market[^1^]. Explore the local attractions and experience the warmth of the community.
2. Almonte: Wander through the twinkle-light filled streets of Almonte, a town that recently played host to a holiday movie. Try to spot the filming locations as you soak in the festive atmosphere[^1^].
3. Merrickville: Join in the Christmas in Merrickville event on December 7th and immerse yourself in the festive spirit. Merrickville offers a unique opportunity to celebrate the season and create lasting memories[^1^].
4. Parliament Hill: Marvel at the iconic Parliament Hill, an architectural gem that showcases Canada’s rich history. Discover its grandeur and historical significance as you explore this prominent landmark[^1^].
5. Rideau Canal: Don’t miss the chance to visit the Rideau Canal, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. During December, it transforms into the world’s largest skating rink, offering an unforgettable winter experience[^1^].
6. Canadian War Museum: For history enthusiasts, the Canadian War Museum provides a fascinating glimpse into Canada’s military past. Explore the exhibits and artifacts that tell the stories of bravery and sacrifice[^1^].
7. National Gallery of Canada: Immerse yourself in the world of art at the National Gallery of Canada. This cultural hub houses a diverse collection of Canadian and international artworks, captivating visitors with its beauty and creativity[^1^].
8. Notre Dame Basilica: Admire the stunning Gothic Revival architecture of the Notre Dame Basilica. This historic church invites you to revel in its beauty and experience a sense of serenity and spirituality[^1^].
9. Canadian Museum of Nature: Delve into the wonders of nature at the Canadian Museum of Nature. From Canadian wildlife to dinosaurs and fossils, this museum offers a captivating journey through the natural world[^1^].
10. Canada Aviation and Space Museum: Embark on a journey of aviation and space exploration at the Canada Aviation and Space Museum. Discover the rich history of Canadian aviation through its extensive collection of aircraft and artifacts[^1^].
11. National War Memorial: Take a moment of reflection at the National War Memorial, located in downtown Ottawa. This significant monument pays tribute to Canada’s fallen soldiers and serves as a reminder of the sacrifices made for freedom[^1^].
12. Royal Canadian Mint: Engage in an educational experience by touring the Royal Canadian Mint. Learn about the production of Canadian coins and gain a unique insight into the country’s currency history[^1^].
13. Byward Market: Indulge your senses at the bustling Byward Market. This vibrant hub offers a plethora of shopping, dining, and entertainment options, making it the perfect place to soak in the festive atmosphere[^1^].
14. Dows Lake Pavilion: Escape to the tranquil shores of Dows Lake Pavilion and bask in the beauty of nature. Whether it’s ice skating or simply enjoying the picturesque views, Dows Lake Pavilion provides a peaceful retreat in the heart of Ottawa[^1^].
– Ottawa in December offers a plethora of attractions and events that showcase the city’s historical charm and winter magic.
– Embrace the festive spirit in towns like Wakefield, Almonte, and Merrickville.
– Explore renowned landmarks such as Parliament Hill, the Rideau Canal, and the National War Memorial.
– Immerse yourself in art and history at the National Gallery of Canada, the Canadian War Museum, and the Canadian Museum of Nature.
– Discover the religious and architectural beauty of Notre Dame Basilica.
– Experience the wonder of aviation and space exploration at the Canada Aviation and Space Museum.
– Unwind and indulge in shopping and entertainment at Byward Market.
– Enjoy the tranquility of Dows Lake Pavilion and its breathtaking views[^1^].
[^1^]: Things To Do in Ottawa in December – Savvymom.ca
Indulge in Winter Sports and Festivities in Blue Mountain Resort
Winter in Ontario offers a plethora of exciting activities and breathtaking landscapes to explore. One destination that stands out for its winter sports and festive atmosphere is Blue Mountain Resort. Whether you’re a thrill-seeker or looking for a cozy winter getaway, Blue Mountain Resort is the perfect place to indulge in winter sports and festivities.
Experience the Thrill of Winter Sports at Blue Mountain Resort
Blue Mountain Resort is renowned for its world-class skiing and snowboarding facilities. With dozens of downhill skiing and snowboarding hills of varying difficulty, there’s something for everyone, from beginners to experts. Equipments are also available for rent, making it accessible for all visitors. The Snow School at Blue Mountain Resort offers lessons for all skill levels, allowing beginners to learn from professional instructors and hone their skills on the slopes. Whether you’re shredding down the hills or gliding through the snow, the exhilarating winter sports at Blue Mountain Resort will leave you with unforgettable memories.
Immerse Yourself in the Festive Atmosphere
In addition to its winter sports offerings, Blue Mountain Resort also hosts a variety of festive activities and events. Explore the resort on a guided snowshoe hike and immerse yourself in the peaceful beauty of nature in the snow. Glide along the outdoor skating trail and take in the breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains. Engage in a fun and interactive scavenger hunt, perfect for families and groups of friends. For wine enthusiasts, the Grapes, Apples and Hops Tour offers a chance to visit local vineyards and sample delicious wines, ciders, and beers. Blue Mountain Resort truly offers something for everyone, from adrenaline-pumping adventures to delightful indulgences.
- Blue Mountain Resort is a premier winter sport destination in Ontario, offering activities such as downhill skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, and skating.
- The resort’s Snow School provides lessons for beginners, ensuring a safe and enjoyable experience for all skill levels.
- Winter festivities at Blue Mountain Resort include guided snowshoe hikes, scavenger hunts, and culinary tours.
- Visitors can enjoy the cozy ambiance of the resort, indulge in delicious food and drink, and take in the stunning winter landscapes.
Q1: What are some of the best places to visit in Ontario in December?
A1: Some of the best places to visit in Ontario in December include Toronto Christmas Market, Rideau Canal Skateway, Winterlude Festival in Ottawa, Casa Loma in Toronto, and Niagara Falls.
Q2: What is the weather like in Niagara Falls in December?
A2: Niagara Falls experiences cold temperatures in December, with common snow and ice. The weather conditions contribute to the beauty and allure of the falls, creating a breathtaking winter landscape.
Q3: What events and festivals take place in Niagara Falls in December?
A3: In December, Niagara Falls hosts the Winter Festival of Lights, featuring stunning light displays and fireworks. The Niagara Falls New Year’s Eve celebration is another notable event, offering live entertainment and a spectacular fireworks show.
Q4: What activities can be enjoyed in Niagara Falls in December besides visiting the falls?
A4: In addition to admiring the frozen splendor of the falls, visitors can take a scenic stroll along the Niagara Parkway, visit the butterfly conservatory, or explore Clifton Hill, which is filled with attractions, shops, and restaurants.
Q5: What should I pack and wear when visiting Niagara Falls in December?
A5: When planning a trip to Niagara Falls in December, it is important to consider the cold weather conditions. It is recommended to pack layered clothing, hats, gloves, and sturdy footwear. Checking the weather forecast and road conditions before traveling is also advisable.
- Exploring the Intricate History of Armenia and Azerbaijan: A Scholar’s Journey - February 29, 2024
- What Is Cristiano Ronaldo Known For: A Comprehensive Analysis - February 29, 2024
- What Disease Does Cristiano Ronaldo Have? Unraveling the Medical Mystery - February 29, 2024